Existing Member?

Captain,oh my captain

A Breakfast in Taiwan

CHINA | Monday, 23 April 2012 | Views [567] | Scholarship Entry

'One baked roll,2 bacon egg rolls,1 steamed bread and 2 cups of soy milk and 2 cups of coffee .' Taking off our helmets,sitting around the tatty table,we placed our order to the breakfast vendor.
Surrounded by thousands of fragrance spurt from those lovely food,dunked in the symphony made of those magical sounds,yep,the sounds from the boiling water,heated oil,the collision of cookware,I waked up,from toe to top, each cell of my body.
This is a typical Taiwanese breakfast vendor.
This is an another common morning in Taiwan,though with a little specialty.
This is the 7th day of our bike tour around Taiwan, in Kaohsiung,southern Taiwan.
Our breakfast finally had their debut, with the perfect smoke arsing,accompanied by the warmest welcome--purr from our hungry stomach,appeared on their ‘stage’--the tatty table.
It was all over in a few minutes,One baked roll,I prefer to call it Chinese name-- Shao Bing, 2 bacon egg rolls,1 steamed bread--Man Tou in Chinese, and 2 cups of soy milk and 2 cups of coffee were crowding on the table ,waiting their destiny.
How amazing,soy milk and coffee ,bacon egg roll and Mantou, these guys staying together so harmoniously! It really did.Here in Taiwan.
7 months has passed, I can never forget the balanced mixtural aroma emanated from those extremely different things in Taiwan's streets.


Tags: travel writing scholarship 2012

About hohoho


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.