Existing Member?

shining hodress

Arrange a Cocktail Wedding Reception

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 9 September 2015 | Views [197]

Cocktail wedding receptions can be both stylish and cost effective, and make it easier on a tight budget to still give your guests an elegant experience. Here are some suggestions on holding a cocktail wedding reception.
Prepare your guests. To inform your guests of the type of reception that you will be having then on your wedding invitation put "cocktail reception to follow." This will give your guests an idea of desired attire while letting them know that there will not be a main course meal. 
Ensure that the bar is able to cope with the crowd. Make sure the hodress.com.au bar is laid out in such a fashion that long lines keep from forming.
Cover the basic variations of your drink choices. If you're offering a drink that is available in variations, be sure to have the necessary ingredients readily available or already mixed.
Have all the mixers available.
Have some mock tail recipes available for non-drink
Have decorative garnishes ready to add to www.hodress.com.au each cocktail. These are a must for a wedding, as they add to the elegance.
Work your menu around your chosen beverages. For instance, serve hors d'oeuvres that relate to your signature drink. If your signature drink is of Mexican flare then consider your hors d'oeuvres being Mexican flavor. If your signature drink is Irish, then serve Irish food. And so on.
Try to match the food and drink theme to a cuisine that both the bride and groom love best.
Consider reflecting an event in their courting life such as a hodress visit to a tropical island that they absolutely loved. Tropical food, tropical cocktails, and even photos of them at this tropical place printed on napkins, etc., could make a great theme.
Encourage mingling. Avoid having everyone at your cocktail reception just sitting around staring at each other. Have several food stations where guests can easily walk up, prepare a small plate and move on.
Also, consider have a couple of  musicians walking among the guests as they play.

Tags: cocktail dress

About hodress


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.