Existing Member?

Roaming Thailand

Documentary Scholarship 2011 entry

WORLDWIDE | Thursday, 2 June 2011 | Views [3159] | Comments [14] | Scholarship Entry

I’ve couchsurfed around the world, and the many experiences I’ve had have changed me forever. During my stay at Bear’s (the Double Rainbow Guy) organic farm in Yosemite, I was inspired to record everything around me. He was always so excited, addicted to recording, documenting his fun life and thoughts on the world – while millions of people watched.

I figured if YouTube was a portal for connecting people, I should join in and shine a positive message of love. I have been traveling ever since, recording news about sustainable businesses, responsible tour operators, inspirational people, and sharing fun stories from the road.

Having a background in tourism and no formal training in film, I have taught myself how to use editing programs and have slowly been improving the quality of my videos. The film bug has bit me, just like the travel bug did. I can only imagine what I could do with the right tools!

Winning this would not only be an amazing opportunity to learn from Trent O’Donnell about documentary filmmaking, but also allow me to participate as a volunteer in an important conservation project I would otherwise not be able to afford – and simply dream about documenting!

Tags: #2011video, travel documentary scholarship 2011

Comments

1

You are an inspirational human being Lilia, I admire you for your hard and creative work! Good luck with the contest! I'll share the link to all my friends! Much love your way! <3

  Malika Jun 2, 2011 6:36 AM

2

BIEN LILIA I LOVE THIS VIDEO

  ROSA Jun 2, 2011 11:50 AM

3

YES! as malika said, such a hard worker and so creative! :) the videos just keep getting better! you deserve this!

  Meghan Jun 2, 2011 9:53 PM

4

your video is amazing... after seeing this im going to couchsurf in thailand! Good Luck with the Competition!

  Kelly Jun 2, 2011 11:56 PM

5

GUAU I WANT TO GO THAILAND!!

  NIKOL Jun 3, 2011 2:35 AM

6

@Lilia Villa: Once you enter your video, the "Like/Tweet" scripts are made based on the default "TAGs" assigned automatically. Now if you change the "TAGs" or contents [viz- Tittle, Location or Journal], that means you are chagning the "Advanced Programming Interface" [API] script and the computer system automatically assigns you a new script based on new content.

I can see that you have changed your title. Therefore I can suggest you to change your tittle back to "Documentary Scholarship 2011 entry" and I hope everything will be just fine as they were!

I liked your video and I wish you best with the contest, dear!

Take care!

  zayedh Jun 3, 2011 2:54 AM

7

@zayedh -- thanks so much for the advice - I've switched it back. Hopefully it will straighten out! Cheers!

  hippie-on-http Jun 3, 2011 3:46 AM

8

Hi lilia , your video was interesting. I would like to go to Thailand. GOOD LUCK!!!!

  SILVIA Jun 5, 2011 1:29 AM

9

Hey sister! It's your brother! That video was awesome! You are really creative! ...Can you please take me to Thailand for the summer?

  Ivan Jun 5, 2011 1:45 AM

10

Hey I can see you going very good with your outstanding video! Wishing you all the best!

But I have a request to you. Please check this entry:
http://journals.worldnomads.com/apollopoetry/story/73070/Worldwide/Documentary-Scholarship-2011-entry

We want a fair competition. I just realized that this contestant is using some kind of "Auto-like" or "Voting" stuff.

I found his views are not at all change as with the number of like is increasing like you can increase your like through website like "Twiends.com"

I also checked his webpage and unfortunately it has only 38 views [against 300 likes!!]

I think we should consider it a straight cheating! Please take your action against such cheater! Also complain to the admin concerning this case.

Regards!

  zayedh Jun 8, 2011 1:05 AM

11

As you have deleted my last comment, why did you still keep this one? please now delete all my comments from your page and don't worry, I won't take off my "Like" from your video. I really liked it.

Wish you luck!

  zayedh Jun 9, 2011 1:42 AM

12

@yzayedh

I dont know what you are talking about, I don't know how to delete comments from here..

  Lilia Villa Jun 9, 2011 3:12 PM

13

I don't get it. Am I supposed to vote somewhere?? Tell me how & I'll do it!

  redheadkelly Jun 13, 2011 4:30 PM

14

OK... I think I figured it out... I hit the Like button. I guess that makes sense. Ha.

  redheadkelly Jun 13, 2011 4:43 PM

About hippie-on-http

Waterfall in Chiang Mai, Thailand

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.