Existing Member?

Chitral, Pakitan- A life changing Local Experience!

My Scholarship entry - A local encounter that changed my life

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 23 April 2012 | Views [112] | Scholarship Entry

Opening my eyes in an environment where a single piece of mountain never flashed before my eyes- made me thirsty for Nature! We all were going to be a part of the marriage ceremony of my aunt who was going to marry a well settled person in Chitral. For a minute I thought gravity had lost me and I felt myself in air, going high, high and high because my taste buds already got a perfect appetizer.
Right after we landed in Chitral after a big journey, I stepped on the soil of a land where I could see beautiful mountains, melting snow and a perfect sunny shade on sky which soothe my eyes perfectly. We board on a car and this is when I could actually see how beautiful nature Pakistan owns.
After couple of beautiful hours we reached the fiance of my aunt, and we went straight in to our rooms. The rooms were quiet small, but fully ventilated by fresh air. We had tasty village food, where a bread was served with a melted oily milk, which we ate with all gladness and also too much! After then eyes were all tired and we slept in next minute.
We had breakfast and then we all moved for a walk. My soul was in a want to see a beautiful yet ice covered mountain- Tirich Mir- the highest mountain in the Hindu Kush region of Northern Pakistan, seeing the view, the taste of squeezed orange juice in my mouth turned icier! The people, food, culture, views and everything were becoming more close to me as I started chasing peace in them. The very unexpected experience of mine, was when I saw people very interested in playing polo and also the highest polo ground of the world.
Days passed and experiencing nature was turning more beautiful. The next day was my aunt’s marriage, everything was made all settled, and the marriage was done in a very simpler way.
Now I am back to my city with a message of peace and serenity. I have built a big garden in my confine so that I can breathe Nature!
Thank you Chitral for enabling me do efforts what I am doing for city life dwellers!

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About hinahazrat


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.