Existing Member?

D-Lo goes to Asia

Hue

VIETNAM | Saturday, 21 May 2011 | Views [305]

We stayed at the only Backpackers Hostel in Hue.

We walked around the city to find attempt to find me a small laptop, and with a little advice from the owner of the hostel, the first shop had a perfect little Samsung for $350, including pirated Microsoft Office and Windows 7 - which the sales person told me up front. We went and had a look around before I purchased that one, and the Sales man said come back in an hour or two and I will have Windows and everything installed.

We walked to the only real site in town which was the Citidel. Jasmin and I were trying to be very cheap today, so we said no to all transport offers and we stood at the entrance gate to the Citidel contemplating whether it was worth 50,000d ($2.50) to go in and have a look. Eventually I said this is ridiculous we are in Vietnam, I will probably never come here again, my shout. We walked in and it was just like a temple then I just burst out laughing because I saw an elephant looking very out of place in the back yard. For me this was already worth the $2.50. 

It was so hot all day and we both got a bit burnt just from walking around the city all day. That night I had a few drinks in the hostel as they had 2 for 1 happy hour.

We left the next day and headed to Hoi An.

 

About hilary2


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.