Existing Member?

D-Lo goes to Asia

Ha Long Bay - 16 - 18th May

VIETNAM | Monday, 16 May 2011 | Views [348]

Ha Long Bay Boat

Ha Long Bay Boat

Ha Long Bay was AMAZING!!

Jasmin and I both bought a 3 day 2 night tour for Ha Long Bay for around $100. It was so good, We spent the first night on a cruise boat which was 5 star according to us, always too much food. They took us to a kayaking spot and Yasmin and I explored this little island cave we found, except I have no photos because my camera battery was flat ...Very annoying! After the Kayaking we spent the night on the boat in the bay, drinking Vodka with some Russians and singing kareoke..very funny night. In the morning they gave us the option to go to Monkey Island, so I thought we should. Jasmin and I were just about the only ones who went and it has been my favourite part so far. Except the monkeys are checky and not as nice and cute as they look. We had our stuff on the beach (and the guides did not warn us) and my bag was open and one of the monkeys started coming toward my bag and I was like no go away and tried to scare him but then he scared me and I ran away! He took Mr Snowman, and he ate him! Ripped his off and was trying to eat it (this snowman was my photo item that Barb gave me, Sorry Barb I tried). Although I was just happy it wasn't my wallet or anything else in my bag. After that we got off the beach and they took us to Cat Ba Island. We did a trek up through the Naitonal Park and stayed one night in a hotel. Very pleased with the trek I loved it.

Instead of going back to Hanoi like the tour had organised I told them I would stay in Ha Long City because it would be easier to work my way down the coast from there. I booked a hotel for a night before I met Jasmin, but I invited her to come along. We relaxed by the pool and I think we were the only ones staying in this huge hotel.

I went for a walk by myself while Jasmin was sleeping and I was offered a ride in a row boat out into the bay, I decided why not? It was so nice and although the lady could not speak any english we got along well. She offered me a try and rowing this boat, I failed we were going around in circles, it was so hard and the paddles were so thin at the end I didn't understand why they would not use bigger ones? She then showed me all the fishermans boats and took me to see one, I then had the chance to buy fresh prawns and they would cook them on this boat for me. So I watched the sunset on the bay eating these prawns and enjoying a beer...It was so beautiful!

 

About hilary2


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.