Existing Member?

D-Lo goes to Asia

Day 2 - Hong Kong - Harbour City Shopping

HONG KONG | Tuesday, 3 May 2011 | Views [390]

Day 2
Andy (David's driver) took me to Harbour City, which is literally a city sized shopping centre/area. As I walked around amazed at everything and how big this shopping centre was I came across a nail parlor and decided to get a manicure, why not?

So continuing on with my new bright red nails just walking around browzing through some of the shops, came across a sushi bar and had the BEST sushi I have ever had, the rice was fresh and warm, the salmon was perefect, mmm! I had a very successful shopping day I bought a whole new wardrobe basically, and went way over my budget, already! After my retail therapy session I headed for the train station and made my way back to The Trainers.

I caught the train, no problem. Then when I got off the train I was determined to find out how to walk back to David's. So I took a right and began walking in the direction I believed it was, walking down some stairs, under a road, through a tunnel, walking, starting to get into a public housing area and from the looks I was getting from people passing by I presumed I had taken the wrong path, turned around, still carrying my ton of shopping, walked back and luckily stumbled upon a sign with the Hong Kong Jockey Club logo on it and an arrow, excellent! So up some stairs to a new path, continued walking along then another directing sign. As I am walking I discover the signs are leading me back toward the train station and I have just done a 3km circle, laughed at myself and then continued to walk over the bridge toward the station. I went down some stairs half way across and followed this new path along. There was no sign telling me to go down the stairs but I thought I new where I was going now since I could just follow the highway. Walking along and I found the racecourse, excellent I am very close. I keep walking for another km or so until I realize that there is no over pass to take me over to the other side of the highway where I thought David's was. I saw a taxi rank. I gave up, jumped in and gave the taxi driver the piece of paper with the address in Chinese, he said, "walk in" and pointed behind us. I was there! I laughed at myself for a good minute or so and went inside.

About hilary2


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Hong Kong

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.