Existing Member?

All about Journey

My Scholarship entry - Seeing the world through other eyes

WORLDWIDE | Friday, 20 April 2012 | Views [122] | Scholarship Entry

April 22-24th 2011, I & my friends traveled to Mt. Gede,West Java. Because this was my first climb, I was so excited. The ascent began at 18:30. The selected path was the path in “Jalur Putri”because this path was the shortest path among the other tracks.
When we arrived at Suryakencana, fatigue is replaced by the cold that makes the body shiver. Our first morning in Suryakencana greeted by fog that made the morning air was pierced the bone. The sight that lay before me made me forget about the cold.
The journey to the summit was held the next morning. Again, the cold air accompanied us on our way. However, it did not last long. Perhaps it defeated by our passion to reach the top. When our feet were step on the summit of Mt. Gede, we felt that the fatigue is paid. While at the peak, I saw the world from the eyes of climbers. At that time, I understand why they were willing to take thousands of pounds to carry the load that is not exactly lightweight. Contentment, happiness, and the scenery that lay before me, were the reasons. The reasons that make we were willing to through the difficulties just to get to this place. Because we know there were beautiful things waiting for us ahead.
It seems time passes so quickly when we were at the highest point in Mt Gede. We had to get back to Suryakencana since that day we had to go home.
The journey from the peak was filled by the beauty nature. Despite the distance, we do not feel tired because the panorama of the place has made me forget about the tired feet that have walked for miles.
Because the climbing was done at night, the circumstances do not look so obvious. However, on the way home it all seems so obvious, how steep the road we had to go through. There are some people who would rather go down than up, but for me is the opposite. This journey was more tiring than climbing.Finally, after 4-5 hours, I arrived at the meeting point. An exciting and exhausting trip is ended. Leave memories that will never be forgotten.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About hikari


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.