Existing Member?

How to Feed a Crocodile?

My Scholarship entry - My Kind of Adventure

WORLDWIDE | Saturday, 13 October 2012 | Views [328] | Scholarship Entry

Despite being the largest city of Pakistan, Karachi doesn’t have many outlets for adventure. It was recently, while discussing this issue with a friend that I got to know about the “Crocodiles of Manghopir”. *Adrenaline kicks in!* I decided to take a trip down Manghopir and satisfy my wild side by feeding these deadly creatures.

As a woman trying to make a career in documentary filmmaking in Pakistan, I have always been considered as a bit eccentric. But that didn’t stop me from making a 35-mins doc on ethno-political killings in Karachi. This was part of my final project as a filmmaking student at NYU.

What I love most about filmmaking is interacting with new people and finding unique stories. This allows me to highlight issues that are slightly off the hook, yet related to facts. Winning this scholarship will mean a lot to me and my colleague because under the mentorship of Trent O’Donnell, we will learn how to tell a story in a way that facts don’t get distorted but the filmmaker's own brand of humor, sarcasm, irony or any other personal trait shines through. I am sure that the experience will help us develop skills in writing and shooting, and make us better filmmakers.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

About hfi


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.