Existing Member?

Booooo!

Catching a Moment - A Day in Life

INDONESIA | Sunday, 31 March 2013 | Views [147] | Scholarship Entry

In my recent travel, I was hurried for final test. I had to leave Paris; after 47 hours and a little part of me still believe that I’m supposed to be a Parisian. I took the earliest train to Amsterdam, and still got 4 hours free time in Schiphol. Encountered by other traveler, we sat together and we talked of how much we love freedom in Amsterdam. I told them that, a bit of my self was disappointed, for I hoped for someone to take off the train together and wandering for another city, instead of dragging myself to the airport. They laughed. “You’re too late, isn’t that your boarding pass in your jacket?”
For another 6 hours, I trapped in an airplane to Dubai. When I stepped off, there were some people asked me whether I’m a minor that traveling alone. It’s funny, because at that time, I just realize that I’m quite petite and what I wore just makes me look childish. Dubai has such a gigantic terminal, and the people, they speak with this funny accent, Arabic accent. I didn’t have much gut to tell them that I understand a little Arabic, since the customer right before me, told them so and now they’re speaking a very fast Arabic. By the look of his face, he was a little lost. I met an old friend in this airport. We went for some curry and curiosity for each other before we got separated.
Then, skip it for another 7 hours of flight back to my homeland, Indonesia. I just couldn’t believe that after all these times, my winter break was over, and I had a final test waiting for me. As much as my impatience to face the last time call for boarding to another plane, I couldn’t found my suitcase. Another 2 hours of waiting, alone, tired and I had to miss the next plane to get me to another city, where my college is, they found my suitcase. I had to run to almost every ticket counter that opened to get the next plane to Yogyakarta. I didn’t get much experience i was hoped for in Jakarta. No chit-chat with stranger or anything, but missed the plane.
If you’re wondering how much I scored for the-day-after-that-test, it was a plain B. But for me, I finally experienced a little piece of what Jules Verne wrote in his Around The World in 80 days. I traveled for 5 cities, 4 countries, 3 different time zones; in a day.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2013

About heyartemis


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.