Existing Member?

Vietnam Adventure!

My Scholarship entry - My Kind of Adventure

WORLDWIDE | Friday, 5 October 2012 | Views [780] | Scholarship Entry

I wanted to create a strong in-your-face visual narrative of the “my kind of adventure” theme and convey a sense of discovery. My kind of adventure is experiencing a new culture actively and with an excitement, namely, relating through the land, customs, food, making new friends, and doing so with that “when in Rome, do as the Romans do” type of attitude. And it’s not just about taking but giving back, sharing my culture, friendship and respect. Specifically, this video is our 1st time to Vietnam and wanted to jump in with both feet. I know this is a mouthful, but I hope that this was conveyed in the short narrative.

My film-making experience is limited, but my emerging passion for it is not. For me, film is a self-expression, a means, if you will, to capture something as simple as a place or feeling or something as vast as the human struggle within the daily life. My ambition would be to expose or highlight something like the beauty in daily life and/or daily struggle, that contrast or harmony, which connects us all in some way. Lastly, winning this scholarship would provide me a once if a lifetime opportunity to learn and better prepare myself for the goals I desire to reach.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

About hey_marquee


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.