Existing Member?

Brendon and Hester hit SE Asia

Quick corrections

LAOS | Sunday, 6 July 2008 | Views [520] | Comments [1]

ok, so it wasn't a 21 hour bus journey. It was 27 hours. AAAAAAaaaaaarrrggh!!! And we experienced the worst toilets known to man or beast (they did smell like some beasts had been using them). AND i got bed bug bites from the blankets they gave us on the bus. But we made it to Laos, so all good. Not going to write anything more yet as am on a computer with the slowest internet conection in the world. Ever. But I have to write about one thing as am in trouble with Bren for forgetting to write about this experience in the last story. Whilst we were still in Siagon, we went for a masage at the Vietnasmese Blind Institute. THere doesn''t seem to be any social welfare in Vietnam, so many blind people are able to stay self sufficient by becoming trained masseurs. So we felt that it was a win win situation to go for a massage; "good for you, good for me" (a favourite saying here). It was not exactly relaxing.... Brendon felt like he was being violated by his masseur: "he beat me up, and then burped in my face whilst he was giving me a head massage". My masseur was pretty good, nice firm strokes, it was just a shame that she coughed stuff up every couple of seconds. Lovely.

Comments

1

wow it all sounds amazing am very jealous. but looking forward to france on thursday hopefully we should get some nice weather over there jessica is all prepared for spending time on the beach anyway. as mum says she can now count to 5 soon she will be sprouting shakespeare or similar. where does time go???? anyway enjoy the rest of your journey as i wont have the internet in france and look forward to seeing you when you get back. do you know yet when you are coming over to see the new arrival? take care lots of love sara and jessica x x x

  sara Jul 7, 2008 4:17 AM

About hester_c


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.