Existing Member?

Henrika's Fascinating Adventures

Last stop Rio de Janeiro

BRAZIL | Sunday, 13 January 2013 | Views [206]

Nearly 2 months have passed in South America and after almost 1 year travelling it's time to go back home. From Chile I travelled to Mendoza to study Spanish for 3 more weeks. For New Year I took a nice first class bus to Buenos Aires. At this stage of the trip I have to admit I am tired although I've enjoyed South American cities. They are giant, vibrant and lively. Unlike in NZ I've enjoyed staying in the hostels here. Generally speaking an average age of the travellers in South America is older than in NZ and Australia.  It makes travelling a way more interesting, A big part of a succesful, fun  travelling is the people you meet not the places.

From Buenos Aires I began to head toward the north and Brazil. I stoped at Iguazy Falls for 2 days. The city is not the most interesting but there was a nice relaxed hostel to hang out with cool people and the water falls were amazing, what else can you say. Although I got caught to torrential stroms and rain but since it is hot and humid anyway I don't mind being soaked.

It took 26 hours by to get here to Rio de Janeiro from iguazy falls and not in the first class. I had to cross the border to Brazil to take a bus because there is only one company driving directly from Iguazu and that was fully booked till Saturday 12th. I have got a flight to catch tonight 13th before the midnight. The weather was not in favour for me. It has been rainy and cloudy every single day since I arrived. Today the sun is making an attempt to shine through the clouds. I visited quickly Copacabana beach, it didn't exacly invate to stay. Sugar loaf was in the cloud and mist but I sat the statue after all. The best thing I like it here in Rio are the cocktails made out of the fresh fruits. I have been sitting in the hostel most of the time, (cheap bar you see) because even Rio needs to the sun to make it more fun and charming. I got a feeling I'll be back in South America. I'd say that this is the most fascinating continent to travel.  This time I only made it from Santiago to Rio  but the main aim here was to learn some spanish. I'll keep studing Spanish whereever I end up going in Europe. Tonight I am ready to fly back to the norhern hemisphere. I am looking forward to seeing my famil and friends not sure about European winter but something I just need to put up with. Right now I am exhausted but happy and grateful what an amazing year I had.

 

 

About henrika_traveller


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.