Existing Member?

Love and help each other

My Scholarship entry - A local encounter that changed my life

WORLDWIDE | Thursday, 29 March 2012 | Views [233] | Scholarship Entry

When I first walked in that big yard, I saw big brown eyes, pure and innocent. Her name was Karmen, she was about 5 years old, she said “Ola” on Spanish and gave a big hug. Than came Hoze, the owner on that institution and said Welcome on our language. I was surprised of the hospitality.
-This is Spain- I thought and smiled
I was in Spain for the first time in my life, I choose Granada, an amazing city with a lot of historical treasure. Institution with a lot of people from different races, religions etc. Everybody was helping to each other. There were a single mothers with their children, children without their parents. Everyone else were volunteers, like me. I totally supported the idea the idea for us to be one, no matter of the color of the skin, religion and we were like one big family !!!
We held our hands before lunch, and talked how grateful we are for the food and everything we had. We didn’t have much, but I can say we had everything. Love, support and helping each other, and helping to those who needed help the most
I remember the smell of the olive trees, they were everywhere in this area. It was a September, but the sun was shining, Granada was in sun.. Everyday a walked into those streets full of history, monuments, cathedrals. I also can’t forget the smell of different kind of tea, that was sold in the Centar. Alhambra, palace with magic gardens, a palace known in whole world for its architecture. Albasan, the old part of the town, impact form the Arabic trace in this city, a lot of hippies, an amazing part of this world.
I left the institution with a tears in my eyes, I don’t know If I gonna see those people again, felt that energy, love and support, I hope they are fine and happy as they were..
Honestly I’m crying now , writing this , I want the World to know about this little part of the universe full with love and support.
One love- always

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About help


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.