Existing Member?

Helens Cruising

Day 2

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 13 November 2013 | Views [352] | Comments [1]

Well hope you haven't been checking here too often! It's not that I've been busy it's just that I am slack, but you know that anyway. And don't expect any pics cause I've only taken a couple of selfies and then hit delete, delete, delete.
First night was pretty rough, and even I felt a little yuk! So didn't venture to the dining room for 5 courses just slipped down stairs to get a light tuna panini. Felt a tad guilty in case I was the missing one on our dining table of 8. Anyway now to yesterday - went up to buffet breakfast and had to ask to sit at a table with an older couple as seats for one are non existent. The wife looked non too pleased when I sat down but after I showed no interest in her 80 year old hubby she soon thawed. They left soon after and another couple asked could they sit, yep tables are a premium to come by. They were nice enough and I left them to their own devices soon after. Wow I really have a thrilling time.
Next I ventured to the shops and bought some stuff ........ended up with a 15% discount because of the amount I spent! Go me :)
Not sure what else I did but then it was lunch time and more food was eaten.......actually it was pizza....yummy.
In the arvo I actually got phone call saying because I was such a good spender on a previous cruise they would like to offer me a 10% discount card and a Swarovski pen as a gift ......so now for the rest of the cruise I get 25% off any purchases. The original 15 and my new 10. I even got my original purchase discounted by another 10 from my new card. So far I have resisted :)
Had a white choc latte and cookie for arvo tea after playing a family feud type game with 5 strangers, we came 4th......
Then I waddled back to my cabin and sat on balcony in the sun which finally showed it self before venturing to dining room for dinner. Found out we are a table for 6 all solo but only 4 of us showed up. And on the first night there were only 2! An American lady who was too ill to eat and an old Aussie bloke. The other woman who turned up last night with me is a bit of a pain and a bigot and after tonight which is formal not sure I can spend another night at a table of 4 with her. So will see......
Today I haven't done much, it's lunch time but I had a late breaky and watched some fruit carving, a yellow emerald talk and did a few laps of the promenade so have decided to write this and then go have late lunch.
Just saw some dolphins from my balcony, so all good. Will try and post this and have a read and a nap :)
Hope work is fun......don't actually care........ha ha ha.

Tags: on ship

Comments

1

Out of the whole story I am still struck by the 'oddness' of having a light tuna panini (fishy) whilst feeling seasick lol....ugh, couldn't think of anything worse :-P

Hope you find some better company over the coming days - if not though your own is always good
x

PS. Hit those shops again with your new discount!!!

  Tracey Caunt Nov 14, 2013 3:23 PM

About helen_60


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.