Existing Member?

My Friend Annie

Annie

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 8 September 2015 | Views [196] | Comments [2] | Scholarship Entry

My name is Harriet and I am from London, currently living in Byron Bay Australia. I recently decided I needed a new challenge so I gave up my 9-5 job and booked a flight to the other side of the world to get out of my comfort zone. This has so far been the best decision I ever made.

I bought a second hand camera and the next day I saw the advert for the scholarship, so it was the perfect opportunity. I learnt on the job and that taught me so much. I have been fascinated with film from a young age and doing this has validated my choice to be a film maker. It pushed me mentally and I've loved the challenge. I'm excited for the future and have learnt so much about myself.

It's difficult to put into words what winning this would mean to me, it feels like this could be a 'sliding doors' moment - something life changing could possibly be around the corner. Spending time with Brian would be invaluable experience. It would give me the opportunity to learn a craft and get tips and techniques which no textbook or YouTube 'how to' video could give me. I think I should win because I am a fast learner, dedicated and passionate. I am confident we could make something creative and original in Columbia.

I remember someone once saying to me "you need two things in life: passion and luck... you have the passion, you just need some luck!"
I am hoping this opportunity could be the very thing to spur me on and keep me creating, travelling and staying curious.

Thanks WorldNomads,

Harriet

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

Comments

1

Hi Harriet - you've done a really great job here in capturing a story. Nice to see some females repping it too!

  geemc Sep 16, 2015 8:53 PM

2

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it :)
I really enjoyed your film too, Fra is a legend!

  Harriet Sep 17, 2015 6:15 PM

About hdavis


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.