Existing Member?

Central America 2012

Back To Belize

MEXICO | Friday, 19 October 2012 | Views [303]

So back to Caye Caulker where normailty resumed. This included getting very sunburnt on the dock, being savaged by a Blue Grunt fish (well how was I supposed to know that they don't like being picked up & having their photo taken?), meeting up with a Rasta guy called Justice - yes George that one! He actully then said that his name was Sean! Had a couple of nights here mainly recovering from the traumas of the previous couple of days. Thought that as we were here would be rude not to return to San Pedro & see the guys at Pedros Inn so that's what we did.

Had a lovely welcome from all the staff that included Peter telling me to F Off (well he is an Arsenal fan). He did redeem himself later by ringing the bell in the bar & buying far too many Jaegermeisters. Was great to see everyone again & lovely to have AC in a room as it was blisteringly hot. Its a great place but not really a backpckers hang out due to the expense so after 4 days thought it would be a good idea to head north & back into Mexico which is what we did & ended up in Tulum. Stayed at The Maya Hotel which I had stayed in previously with George. Went back to the a great place serving Chicken, Rice & Tacos - cheap & very good.

As its the low season here at the mo we managed to get a fantastic deal on a place right on the beach at Tulum for about £20 a night between us. Was great as it had a balcony, WiFi & stunning views.

We settled into a routine which included eating lots, sunbathing, S undertaking the task of removing any debris that was likely to interfere with my swimming as i don't like any "bits" in the water, drinking Tequilla & releasing Turtles into the sea! This came about as we were on the balcony one night & guy shouted up to us did we want to see some turtles? Well what would you do? So off we went to meet him. These little fellows had hatched & then gone completely the wrong way & ended up on the other side of the road so it was then our job to release them back into the sea.

We were each given 2 turtles which we had to name-mine were Eric & Cantona, kiss & then release. Was a fantastic experience seeing these tiny creatures racing to the sea apart for Eric who I think might have had learning difficulties as he made his way towards the bar in completely the wrong direction! I helped him back into the ocean & that was the end of that! Utterly brilliant. Did the same thing the following evening when some big guy gave us his torch as he was leaving the next day. S deciced that he recognised him & it turned out to be Will Sasso a Canadian comedian - know I've never heard of him either!

 

About hcr64


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.