Existing Member?

Hannah's travels

soy inglesa, no hablar espanol!

ARGENTINA | Saturday, 3 July 2010 | Views [630] | Comments [1]

Hi all,

so this is the first blog entry! i have been in Buenos Aires since Wednesday now and am having great fun!! The city is amazing with some great buildings and sites but also seems to have its fair share of problems too, such as seeing kids sleeping in the streets, and about half the cars having massive dents or smashes in them. The latter is not suprising after a few taxi rides- the argentinians are crazy drivers, there is no speed limit and nobody stays in their lanes, instead its just a fun game of weaving in and out of one another!

  So far have tried a bit of the local food which is pretty damn good, including argentinian steak and pastries filled with the locally popular 'dolche de leche'! Having a few problems with the language, turns out i cant remember much of GCSE spanish, the best people get is me telling them im english and dont speak spanish, luckily we have grace with us who's spanish is now amazing!

   We have visited 'La Boca' where all the houses are painted in different coloured bright paints and we got a bit of a dance/photo pose with an argentinian dancer in a cafe, good fun :P! Followed by a night out in some bars in Buenos Aires with some of graces friends here, once again a bit of a language barrier but they all tried their best to speak english to us! Last night was the argentinian tango show, and OH MY GOD can they dance, it was truly amazing.

  Spent this morning in a park in the city watching Argentina Vs. Germany, actually got suprisingly into it, face paints and all (i know i'm a traitor to my own country but hey :P) shame they didnt win! :( Then had a wander round the market in the sunshine, all the locals seemed to find it amusing we had argentinian flags on our faces despite obviously being foreign, most seem to appreciate the enthusiasm though!!

thats all for now!

Adios! xxx

Comments

1

Hi Hanny, Love this first update and your pictures are great - I love the dancing ones, butterfly ones and falls ones. Hoping to get another blog update soon. xxx

  Al Jul 11, 2010 8:27 PM

About hcgardner


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.