Existing Member?

My World Domination Travel Book

update for my family

CAMBODIA | Thursday, 4 April 2013 | Views [283]

Just to keep everyone informed as to what is happening now....

I picked up my new Australian Emergency Passport yesterday (was amazed it was ready within 24 hours) they were absolutely fantastic there, and it was a really nice feeling to step onto Australian soil in the middle of cambodia...even have a part of Canberra there lol.

From there I had to wait til today to go to Cambodian Immigration to lodge my application for an exit visa, and they were veey nice too, although i have to wait til monday to pick it up with my passport. 

I will not be going to Vietnam now, and after speaking to my travel agent by email back home, it will cost too much to change my flighrs, and i no longer have a visa card to pay it anyway so original dates are the ones i am sticking with. 10 days left in this country. 

In saying that, despite this whole debacle...it has been an amzingly brilliant trip, and I am refusing to let this one asshole ruin it all. So...i am in Phnom Penh til monday/tuesday, then i think i will go to the beach as originally planned, get out of this particlar city, which is my least favourite part of cambodia and go and drink some cocktails for a few days before coming back to phnom penh to catch my flight home on the 14th (arriving Australia 15th)

I loved Siem Reap, and should have stayed there I guess but i wanted to travel with my irish friends. I sent them on to Vietnam today, it was not fair on them to sit in this dirty city they hated wating for me to sort my stuff out. though I have promised to come to Ireland later this year. 

The architecture here is amazing, and 90% of the people are lovely, its just so poor, so sitting downstair at my hotel earlier having lunch, would have had at least 20 people come to my table begging and trying to see me cheap braclets or books. its crazy. 

We had a nice storm this afternoon, first rain i have seen, which was nice to watch fall over the riverfront where i am staying for $20/night. 

Ultimately, i just have to relax and chill out until monday then figure out what to do for another week til my flights home. 

love you all, and will stay in touch. xoxoxoxo

 

About hazzard86


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.