Existing Member?

My World Domination Travel Book

Siem Reap to Phnom Penh and on to......?

CAMBODIA | Monday, 1 April 2013 | Views [303]

So my trip has taken an unexpected turn for the better. Spent 5 nights in Siem Reap in an Irish pub getting a bit of taste of home. Went to see the temples, and oh my god they took my breath away!!! My first wonder of the world....and it was spectacular!!! I have been offered a job as a pub manager at the irish pub i stayed in, but am turning it down. I love it here but could not live here full time. Then, I met these two Irish travellers, and we have teamed up to travel together....took a bus to Phnom Penh yesterday, what a mission that was! was squished on my seat, its built for 2, there were 3 of us...plus the woman sleeping on my feet...not something i would do again! Was supposed to be direct, no stops and take 6 hours. Well our driver stopped for everyone! took us 9 hours in total, and people missed connecting flights and buses cos this guy wanted to pocket a few fares. irritating as hell. but got here in the end. Now me and my friends are enjoying cocktails 2 for 1 ($3 for 2!!!) in the rooftop pool at our hotel which is costing us $15/night each. 

Tomorow...more fun! we are taking a boat to Vietnam!!! going to spend a week there, checking it out before coming home. Can not wait! a boat trip down the Mekong river through to Vietnam for $24. There guys are so much fun and a barrell of laughs! Sean and Bingo are their names and we just clicked. Into the same things and having a blast! 

Making this post a quick one, we are about to head out! Miss you all!

About hazzard86


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.