Existing Member?

My World Domination Travel Book

Stage two of adventure

CAMBODIA | Saturday, 23 March 2013 | Views [259]

So internet working properly now at a guesthouse in Suen Moneron. 

Has been a great few days, I have been swimming in the Mekong River, have bought hand made silk scarves etc, and yesterday I went to the zoo and to my guides housewarming party at his new home. Partying with the locals is very cool, although i drank way too much. They "Cheers" and toast each other soooo often, and it is rude not to drink when they do. Vuthy's family is beautiful, he has a 7yo daughter and a 1 yo daughter. plus nephews and nieces and cousins and so many and i do not remember any names lol. Probably shouldn't have introduced the adults to Vodka, a few had to leave early, very drunk. 
The zoo was a bit of a disappointment, but then i read it was not great so wasn't expecting too much. I have decided i do not like monkeys. not after one reached through the bars and grabbed and pulled my hair very hard….little bastard. luckily no broken skin, just a big fright. 
Today we hired a 4wd and left Phnom Penh, and drove to Saen Moreron. Took about 6 hours. Have checked into little guesthouse, for $15/night. Tomorrow I am riding an elephant and hope it is not as disastrous as the monkey encounter. 
Short message today, i need rest. Think i am getting sick, which is jut a little concerning, very sore throat. Am telling myself that it is just from smoking too much last night. 

About hazzard86


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.