Existing Member?

G&B flee GB over land and sea

Melbourne and around

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 25 April 2009 | Views [393] | Comments [1]

After flying into Melbourne we joined my parents in a lovely serviced apartment in the city centre for a spot of luxury. We spent a very enjoyable (but wet) few days exploring some of the sights of Melbourne and the surrounding area, catching up with my parents who were on holiday in Australia at the same time. It had been a long time since we'd even had our own bathroom, and the one in our apartment had a big jacuzzi bath, so we were most grateful for such comfortable accommodation.

When Mum and Dad headed off down the Great Ocean Road, we got a lift to a town called Geelong, just outside Melbourne. We had been kindly invited to stay with a couple we met in India , who took us around some of the Victoria coastline and to their beachhouse.

Afterwards, we hired a small car and drove down the Great Ocean Road ourselves. The scenery was stunning, but the predominantly grey weather and relentless drizzle took the shine off a little.

Then it was back to Melbourne for another night, when we cemented our affinity with the city, its laid back charm and tucked-away spots of individuality.

Comments

1

Wow, what are the chances of that?

  Mac Apr 27, 2009 9:20 PM

About harrisg


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.