Existing Member?

Travel Diaries: Florida - A Past Adventure

Florida Travel Diaries

USA | Thursday, 7 May 2015 | Views [154] | Scholarship Entry

America is the land of my dreams. After a just one trip to Florida, the Sunshine state, I was captivated by its magic.

Planning a new adventure in my life, I decided to visit three areas within the region: Fort Lauderdale, Miami and Key Largo. Within the blink of an eye of booking my trip, I had landed in Miami, en route to Fort Lauderdale. Feeling like I had landed at home, it was as if I had been here before. Each morning I awoke to the view of the beautiful ocean, something I had always fantasised about. I cannot describe my love for America, and Fort Lauderdale only made my heart grow fonder of it.

Here I could unwind, either visiting local malls, or simply laying by the pool underneath the blanket of clear blue sky. If I never left here I knew I'd die happy.

However, next came Miami. The iconic city is bursting with vibrancy and buzz of energy. Only a short ride away from Fort Lauderdale, it was like travelling to another world. Here I came alive. Soaking in the joie de vivre from the locals, here I felt limitless. The city didn't sleep and nor could I.

Only a secluded area of Miami beach was where I could relax briefly. Here you could step into the oceans clear water, surrounded by only a few other souls. But this didn't last, I didn't need relaxation, I needed the city. Hooked on the feeling of being alive, I knew time here was about feeling the freedom and possibilities of life. I didn't stay here long, but that was all I needed for an energy revival.

Last came Key Largo, another parallel to my previous location. Picturesque sunsets, wildlife and a tropical vibe could only describe the atmosphere of the Key's. Here, you could lose a day by simply watching the waves crashing against the shore as the fish fly out of the water. This is where time feels still. Without a single care in the world, everyone here was present. All of the earths elements were blissful and in harmony with each other.
In such a tranquil area, I felt at one with the world. It's natural beauty is something you can only understand when you're there.

As my trip drew to an end, I had fallen deeply in love with Florida. Amongst the Sunshine State, in the Land of Dreams, I left a piece of my heart buried behind me beneath the sands, hoping to someday return and rediscover it. However, until then I am simply content with my idyllic memories.

This journal is a creative edit from my blog post on the state.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About harrietemily


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.