Existing Member?

Turning the pages

Tourist Turn Local

THAILAND | Friday, 31 May 2013 | Views [534]

28th Feb

Today is a new day, and with a new day becomes a whole lot more of the unknown, even to the wisest of minds.

Lets start with an iced tea! would you like a red iced tea? or a pearl milk tea? or perhaps and iced coffee tea?? Either one is fantastic! preferably the latter. Who ever thought of making an iced tea, coffee flavoured is brilliant.

Sometimes you need a breather and sometimes those breathers consist of about 5 hours of "travel planning", (facebooking), "blogging" (facebooking), "flight booking" (facebooking) and a whole of people watching through the large windows in new comforts of our hostel.

Its 5pm! where has the time gone?? I was blogging guys! Geez tough crowd, but you'll be happy to know Kayla and myself did pick ourselves up and with a little bit of 'smartening up' we made our way to the State Tower of which has one of the most incredible views over Bangkok and just happened to be down the road. A shortcut and a back door revealed a crowd all hovering near a couple of elevators. Dont be fooled into thinking your going to get in though! The clothes you've been wandering around all day in? Is not going to suffice.

You need to smarten up people! Judgement day as the elevators open and we are sorely denied entry as her head looks to our feet. A bad call on our part with the choice of havaianas. (flip flops). No worries, we'll be better prepared for next time!

NOTE: When going to check out the view from the State Tower, dress smart, meaning no shorts or casual tshirts and no flip flops, that even applies to you, ladies!

NOTE: Do not eat there, get something before or after. Stay for one drink though to compliment the incredible view. ($$$$$)

NOTE: Future visitors to Bangkok- Address: State Tower Bangkok, 1055 Silom, Bang Rak, Bangkok 10500, http://www.lebua.com/pages/photo-gallery

Spoilt for choice was an understatement when hitting the busy streets on Silom Rd near the Sala Daeng BTS (train station).  A plethora of food ment we should not walk up and down the street like a professional ballet teacher pointing out the good and bad or a raise of the eyebrows to suggest we may be interested or even the squinting of the eyes suggesting we just dont understand it, but that we should however just choose a place and sit down.

My sweet american friend Kayla (who you ment previously) is with me tonight, along with a friend of a friend of hers, Mackie. Mackie, also from the United States, has been living in Bangkok for close to a year working as an English teacher. We were so lucky to have her as a host tonight! After dinner and dont forget dessert, ('rotee'. A banana and egg pancake, folded and cut up with condensed milk. AMAZING!!) We jumped backed on the BTS to our next stop

 NOTE:

 http://www.travelfish.org/eatandmeet/thailand/bangkok_and_surrounds/bangkok/bangrak/eat

Tags: bangkok

 

About harper1


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.