Existing Member?

...and I took the one less traveled by

SYDNEY -- with the best view!!

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 2 September 2008 | Views [395] | Comments [1]

I flew into SYD on Friday. My friend Dave picked me up at the airport -- Dave did study abroad at U of I this past year. He took me back to his house where I had family dinner with his whole family. I have met his brother Yoni once when he visited last spring as well. From there we went into the city to the area called "The Rocks" to a bar there. About 1 the next day, Dave drove me to Eastern suburbs to Coogee to meet up with my friend Carolyn, and to watch my cousin Richie playing rugby. Luckily, Dave works 2 suburbs away in Bondi (Bondi Beach, I'm sure you've heard of -- for all the surfing, etc?) so it wasn't much out of his way to do that. Carolyn met up with me and we took my bags to her house which was 5 minutes away, and has an amazing view of the whole coast. We went to meet up with Richie after his game at the Randwick Rugby CLub. After, she and I went back to hers to get ready to go out that night. We first went back to the Randwick RUgby club, and then went on to a bar called Fringe. The next day, Sunday, we got up and went for a walk down the coast to Bronte. From there we drove to Watson's bay to go meet up with Richie & his girlfriend at a place called Doyles which has AMAZING seafood. After, I went back to Richie's flat in McMahons point --- 13th floor and has a view straight out, just across the bay, of the SYdney Harbour and Opera House -- breathtaking!!  

More to come....

Comments

1

Cathy,

Watch out for the Cockatoos in the gardens....they're noisy! If you have a chance, it's great fun to go to the Sydney Zoo....we loved it!

Aunt Barb

  Barb Wendt Sep 3, 2008 8:45 AM

About happywanderer


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.