Existing Member?

...and I took the one less traveled by

Fins to the left, fins to the right

THAILAND | Thursday, 3 July 2008 | Views [413]

This morning Julia and I got up to go out on a long tail boat we hired to go to Shark Point and Bamboo Island. It was pouring rain when we woke up, but luckily when we went out on the boat it was only maybe sprinkling. We went to shark point and got in to snorkel around to look for black tipped reef sharks. We saw many other types of fish, all that we had seen snorkelling/diving yesterday, but still amazing!  We finally saw 3 sharks after about 20 minutes of going around. The largest one was 2m in length, and the smaller ones about 1-1.5m. From there the long boat took us to Bamboo Island to snorkel. The coral there was amazing -- looks like roses (but brownish). We were the only ones there for 30-45min and then it was SWARMED. no joke, within 15 minutes there were over 15 speed boats from Krabi, each carrying at least 15 people on them. We got out and walked around to a different part of the beach to see the island and get away from the people. BEAUTIFUL!!  OH, i should say, the hilarious part is the Japanese tourists (no offense to anyone!!)  They would go out snorkelling in life jackets!  I mean, I guess people still want to see what's there and if they can't swim that's the only way, but still seriously funny.

That afternoon we just went to the beach and hung out with 3 of the Aussie guys who stayed an extra night from the day before.

About happywanderer


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.