Existing Member?

...and I took the one less traveled by

Breeze through Vientiane, Laos

LAOS | Friday, 20 June 2008 | Views [345]

The next day we woke up, had a leisurely morning, and hopped on the 1pm bus headed to Vientiane. It just so happened that Julia's friend from New Zealand, who she's been trying to get in touch with, was on our bus!  When we arrived in Vientiane, we found that all of the budget guesthouses were full, or not very nice at all, Julia, Mark, Gary & I ended up in a 6 person dorm room in a guesthouse with an older Japanese man. This worked out fine, and we only went out to dinner that night. The next morning, Julia and I went to get our Vietnam visas taken care of as well as book our trip to Hue, Vietnam. We got that taken care of and went to get the boys to head out to Buddha Park, a bit out of town. After looking in Lonely Planet, we decided to walk to the local bus station and take a local bus. It was 5x less than hiring a tuk-tuk to take us, and an experience!  

We were amazed with Buddha Park, which was only built in the 50s. It looks ancient, and is really impressive --- you'll have to see the photos when I get them posted. (I'm working on it!!)

After, we went back to town and Julia & I got food for our bus journey to Vietnam and said bye to the boys.... there went our entertainment!! 

About happywanderer


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.