Existing Member?

Hackett Travels Life's about the journey, not the destination

Sea Lion pups!

NEW ZEALAND | Thursday, 4 July 2013 | Views [573]

Also at Kaikoura, Jodee tipped us off about a waterfull just outside the town where the seal pups hang out inbetween feeds with their mothers.  There's a rocky stream that leads up from the sea and the road runs along the coast so its only a few minutes walk inland to the base of the waterful and there were dozens of baby sea lions playing in the water, resting on the rocks or climbing back up from the sea!

Its amazing what steep slopes they can get up - some had climbed up the steep rocky walls by the waterfall to find a place to chill out!

There were some very cute ones sitting on the rocks by the path just watching people go past and some in the water play fighting with each other.  The light wasn't great so it was difficult to get the moving ones on camera without being blurred but Chris had the video camera so we captured some of their antics!

It was so cool to be so close to them and they weren't bothered about the people at all.  I've uploaded a few photos in the gallery to show you the cuteness!

Tags: babies, sea lions, waterfall

About hannahhackett

At Cloudy Bay

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.