Existing Member?

Hannah's Adventure Graduated, worked a while and decided enough is enough and took the plunge to book an around the world ticket and travel until the money runs out.

Whose idea was it to go Canyoning????

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 31 October 2008 | Views [300]

Queenstown is known for a huge amount of activities, from bunjy jumping to white water rafting.  We decided to opt for one called Canyoning.  We got taken to a canyon, all kitted out in wet suits and helmets.  It started off quite tame, a zip line which was great fun.  This half day trip included abseiling into freezing water that is melting off the mountain, swimming in the rapids, jumping into a pool of shallow water (we were told to land bum first because if you land legs first they might break!), and using waterfalls as slides to get down.  Crazy!!  I was terrified, more so than jumping out of a plane 12,000 ft.  I am still suffering from Canyoning a week on as I blocked the other ear with water when sliding down a waterfall, so now I am really quite deaf.

Any tips on how to get my ears back to normal will be greatly appreciated!

About hannah_on_her_travels


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.