Existing Member?

Hannah's Adventure Graduated, worked a while and decided enough is enough and took the plunge to book an around the world ticket and travel until the money runs out.

Active time in Rotorua & Taupo

NEW ZEALAND | Wednesday, 8 October 2008 | Views [384]

It has not stopped raining for the last couple of days but that hasn't stopped us doing things.  In Rotorua we went to a place called Skyline Skyride.  We went to the top on a gondola, went on a luge ride around different tracks which is like a little car you control and you get up to great speeds in that. Then the final part of the day we did a thing called the sky swing.  Lou and I went up together.  It takes you all the way to the top as you are sitting down, then one of you gets to pulls the cord which sends you swinging 150 kph in 2 secs!  Brilliant fun.  I couldn't pull the cord though, I was so scared.  It didn't help that I had combat trousers on and I felt like I was slipping out of the chair.  Lou pulled the cord and we have got the DVD of the whole experiencing as it was so funny to watch our faces back after the whole things happened!

We went to Kerosene Creek, one of many hot springs in New Zealand, but this one was free. So warm but a bit stinky due to all the sulphur! We then went to Kev's for dinner where we were treated to a lovely 3-course dinner!

I have sponsored a Kiwi called Shells.  I really wanted to see a Kiwi and they are truly amazing creatures.  So I will have information about my Kiwi in the post at home! 

We were all a little gutted that we couldn't do our skydive on Tuesday.  The weather was so bad we had to do some indoor activities, so I decided to give rock climbing a go.  I really didn't think I would have the strength to get myself to the top but I did pretty well. Might be something to continue when I get home.

We hope today is the day to chuck ourselves out of a plane for the 12,000 ft skydive.  The main thing is that the weather is dry - so roll on 2pm to see if it happens here or not!

By the end of this week we should be in the South Island.

About hannah_on_her_travels


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.