Existing Member?

Return to South America

Live Your Life

USA | Thursday, 27 August 2015 | Views [276] | Scholarship Entry

I am a 24 year old man looking for the opportunity to launch me out of my office job and into the real world so I can pursue my true passion, showing the world an adventure. I grew up as a kid who never could stand sitting in classes or inside. I always wanted to be outside and living. As I grew older I began to conform to that generational standard presented to people my age; "Go to college, get a job, make money." Well, I did that and I have a job at a great company that is responsible for the financial livelihood of millions of people. I am not fulfilled. I studied abroad in Costa Rica for 5 weeks in 2012 and that experience confirmed what I had known deep down for a long time; if I'm going to ever be truly satisfied with life, I need to see as much as the world has to offer, every day. I find myself spending every penny I earn trying to get out of the office and experience the world. I began pursuing film to turn this passion into a legitimate career path. I may not have the most professional equipment, but I have a natural talent for editing and I want to show the world what they are missing by sitting at a desk very day. This experience would be an opportunity for me to take part in something truly special and to learn how to create a professional work of art that I can use to propel me into a full time career in adventure videography.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About hank311


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.