Existing Member?

1000 Words

My Video scholarship 2010 entry

WORLDWIDE | Thursday, 17 June 2010 | Views [593] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

I have always loved taking photographs of people in different countries. There are a few reasons I like to print them copies.

1. People don't like having their picture taken. This idea to print a copy was a way get permission. 2. The more important reason; the thought of having a father pass away, and a son with nothing to remember him by broke my heart. This is my way of helping those people in the jungle who otherwise might never have a picture of themselves to give to someone they love.

In my films I hope to inspire other travelers to get out and meet the people who really live in the country they visit. Wander, get lost, make friends. Days like this will become the very best memories of your vacation.

Mark Twain said "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." Once a person begins to travel their eyes will be opened, they will learn how beautiful our world is. Most important they will realize, no matter how different they thought they were, people are all just people. With the same wants and desires, no matter the country they were born in, or the color of their skin.

Tags: 2010 travel video scholarship

Comments

1

What a beautiful video.. hope you win :-) It's so touchy seeing them admiring the photos of them self or the family. It's a very good idea, at least just create a smile on them ... simply wonderful. I just resigned from my job to travel ... I hope to encounter loads of wonderful moments :-) Good luck

  Artesia Jun 27, 2010 5:36 AM

About halfthrottle


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.