Existing Member?

Beneath the surface

Your Backyard - Khotachiwadi - a village in a city

INDIA | Wednesday, 6 November 2013 | Views [804] | Scholarship Entry

Mumbai is one of the largest and busiest cities in the country. And it holds many fascinating tales. We wanted to explore and show everyone something beneath the surface, something intriguing hidden in 'our own backyard'. We found Khotachiwadi, inconspicuous, charming, and unknown evento many locals. The residents were welcoming and just as colourful as their houses. For Harshvir, it was a filmmaker's delight with a new discovery in every corner, and for me, the conversations happily went on and on.

I am a writer and a voice artist, constantly exploring, blogging, meeting new people and places, and telling stories only through words and voice till date. Harshvir began with short films, gaining experience and recognition there, before he had his tryst with travel filmmaking. We found common ground in our passion for travel, and our aim to tell a story - me through my words, and Harshvir through his camera. For both of us, winning would mean a turning point, a chance to pursue what we want, after gaining finesse. Through this opportunity, we want to learn more, so that we can tell better stories, can explore, and make everyone watching feel like they are a part of our journeys.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarships 2013

About haemlet


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.