Existing Member?

Purpose of life

My Scholarship entry - Seeing the world through other eyes

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 23 April 2012 | Views [213] | Scholarship Entry

Everything happens instantly, as if it was part of the destiny, you are standing in the streets of Guanajuato feeling completely overwhelmed and yet moved by the flow of the life that you allow for the first time ever and after a while there are no worries at all, like if every single problem was gone or had never existed.
The cobbled street and those very particular buildings seem to take you to another time, when everything was different and more real, filling you with the diversity of their shapes and distributions: some of them are neoclassic, other neogothic, and all of them look like masterpieces disposed in the city like telling one wonderful story, and the story is told with a magnificent rhythm.
After that, there´s silence, the immense and majestic buildings stand in front of you like trying to tell the hundreds of stories that took place inside them, giant constructions like palaces with solid and squared structures with curved shapes on their roofs that make the buildings seem friendly, and the walls are being carried by several pillars that create geometrical patterns with great simplicity and elegance, while the windows follow a sober but joyful style as marching along with their steps, making you feel aroused.
The next thing you know is that the trip is over, slowly and painfully, you get to separate yourself from this quiet world, wishing to be able to come back some day in order to share again with its people this amazing and profoundly deep experience, you have to leave behind those inspiring smells and the images of the multiple statues decorating the streets, like loyal guardian of the peace that makes you feel attached.
The gigantic monuments that jealously guard the richness inherent to this city seem to say goodbye as you go away, just as if the towers of those buildings could wave like hands, they leave you watching the colorful view and hoping you can come back, knowing for sure that you see the world through other eyes.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About hadrian


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.