Existing Member?

The newly found beauty when two different world come together...

When Two Worlds Collide…

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES | Thursday, 15 May 2014 | Views [273] | Scholarship Entry

When Two Worlds Collide…
ETHEREAL: There was something other-worldly regards his very existence. Dressed in bold fiery red costume, yellow shawls attached to the hips, and coronet embellished by explosive colored beads, his presence definitely enticed curiosity. As the mystical symphony of Gamelan played, he started to dance an olden heritage of West Java named “Klana”.
Hands moved as liquid as the stream of a river, Feet was locked and extended, his movement was strongly subtle, he was the embodiment of paradoxical beauty. One steps to another, he brought the story of agonized man to life. He exhibited the wrath through his glance of sharpen, red-shadowed eyed. He was atrocious and tough.
Truth to be known, he can not be further away from his dancing character. He was conflicted and intimated. It was his objective to seize the audience’s attention and nothing hurts more than being left unnoticed. The twist was he had competitor and it was too majestic to be defeated. It felt like a “war for an attention” between ordinary mortal versus the tallest tower on earth. Dancing solo in gigantic stage was challenging enough, let alone having Burj Khalifa as the background setting.
As he stood overshadow the audience and few seconds away from Ngedok (putting the dancing mask on), tons of flickering lights white from Burj Khalifa blinded him. In the glimpse of an eye, he was fascinated by the rich visual of the impossible city.
Those light definitely illuminated him towards new realization. It was never been about battling for an attention, it was about embracing the incredible contrast between tradition and modernization. He found himself a new objective: to fuse two different worlds into infrequent, breath taking collision.

He finally put the mask on and he was men with red skinned and ferocious eyes. Without a doubt, he was the personification of anguish. As he drowned in the depth of the character, I can see that he was reborn as the person whom successfully embraces his genuine sense of confidence.

The sounds of heavy Gamelan slowly tuned out and he bow down. He opened up the mask and again, he was blinded by the transition of darkness into the lights.

Took a few second for the eyes to adjust and I finally can wake from my temporarily state of astral. In disbelief, I did not expect that I just fulfilled my destiny. It turned out that to dance in the whole new space were my ticket to bring myself to my new home where I feel hopeful and invincible.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About hadisadikin


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Arab Emirates

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.