Existing Member?

The Trip

Little Britain

CANADA | Sunday, 14 October 2007 | Views [719]

We are now in Victoria, the capital of British Columbia but a pretty small city. In case we were getting homesick already there is no shortage of fish and chips, cream teas, croquet and even Yorkshire pudding here should we want it! The city has a lovely relaxed atmosphere though, as does the hostel we are staying at, we've been invited to a 'bring a pot' dinner at the hostel tonight followed by a singer songwriter acoustic show which sounds fun. We leave for Seattle tomorrow, arriving in the evening by boat which sets us down downtown a couple of streets away from our hostel. We said goodbye to Gill and Murray yesterday after a really lovely week with them. They drove us to Victoria and we all went to the Titanic exhibition at the museum yesterday. You are given a boarding card with a passengers details on and at the end you find out if you survived or not. I was a woman on honeymoon with her husband, neither of us survivied - pretty depressing!! A very interesting exhibition though. We've decided not to visit the Butchart gardens here as it's not really our cup of tea and isn't the cheapest thing to do. We're enjoying being lazy tourists for now!

Tags: Family

About h_s33


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.