Existing Member?

Gulet Croatia

Sailing a Chartered Gulet in Croatia

CROATIA | Friday, 3 April 2015 | Views [1118]

Croatia is a European country, whose coast lies on the Mediterranean. It is very popular with tourists, especially during the summer season. Explore the Croatian Adriatic by chartering a gulet and experiencing the best the coast can offer!


Gulet is a traditional wooden boat that varies in size from 14 to 35 meters. These vessels originate from Southeast Turkey (namely Bodrum and Marmaris), but can now be found over the entire Mediterranean.


With more than a thousand islands and inlets, Croatia is a sailors’ paradise. The city of Split is an excellent starting base for sailing journeys. The largest town on the Croatian coast, Split can be easily accessed by a freeway and an international airport outside of the town. The city is rich with culture, people and nightlife, so we recommend you to stay there for a few days before starting your sailing trip.

 


Just southwest of Split are two of the most popular islands in Croatia - Brač and Hvar. Brač is, together with Krk, the largest Croatian island. Over summer, it is full of tourists excited to experience the traditional Mediterranean atmosphere. Its largest towns are Supetar and Bol. Bol is the sight of the best-known Croatian beach, Zlatni rat. The island offers a variety of opportunities for tourists, one of which is climbing Vidova gora, the tallest point in the Adriatic.
Hvar is an upscale destination. It offers luxurious hotels, restaurants and clubs. It is also one of the most popular party destinations in Croatia. Over summer, it is home to several music and theater festivals. The Stari Grad Plain, an agricultural landscape created by Greek colonists in the 4th century BC, and still in use today, is protected by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site.


Continue the sailing journey aboard a gulet towards the south and visit the interesting islands of Vis, Korčula and Mljet, and end your journey in the best possible way, by arriving to the spectacular town of Dubrovnik!


Have a relaxing and interesting holiday!

Tags: croatia, gulet

About gulet


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Croatia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.