Existing Member?

G + G Adventures

Quick Update: in Sapa

VIETNAM | Saturday, 16 March 2013 | Views [625]

Hello!  We had such a good time at the Phong Nha Farmstay that we didn't get a chance to do many updates.  Long story short: the caves are spectacular, the locals are charming, the countryside is beautiful, and many friends were made.  We will write more later.

We have just completed another marathon journey, this time by train, up to the far north of Vietnam.  The town is called Sapa, and we will be heading off on a four day trek to see the surrounding countryside.  Sapa used to be a summering spot for the colonial French when the lowlands got too warm.  It is chilly here!  We are wearing socks and jackets for the first time since we arrived.  We are quite far up in the mountains, and once the fog clears (we hope it does eventually) we should have some amazing views of the valleys.

Because we'll be on a trek (with a great organization called Sapa O'Chau that trains young people to be guides as well as provides educational support to the community) we won't be able to check email or post an update until we get to Hanoi later in the week.  I'm sure we'll have lots to report!

~Gillian

Tags: caves, cold, mountains, phong nha, sapa, vietnam

About gsewake


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.