Existing Member?

Patria es Humanidad Hopscotch n' Humanitarian Hoopla

London Homespice

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 26 August 2007 | Views [539]

I just arrived in London yesterday afternoon and I have found family already; a family of fellowship.  Im staying at Kate D's house, a beautiful woman Ive never met.  She welcomes me into her home with open arms. we change, make dinner, and pack our picnic for the party. Fellowship-- this family of strangers I now have. women in recovery have come together from all over the world and greet me like they've known me forever.  Maybe they have.  They're hilarious, and predictably dramatic.  Despite my fatigue from raging through the red light district the night before, I could listen to their accents all night.  I feel tremendously blessed to be so accepted in a foreign world.

We went back to Kates and had a slumber party.  Saffron slept over too because its Windsome's birthday today and of course, they're having a party.  We wake up early, meditate together with aromatic candles, make breakfast and ride with my backpack to the meeting.  I share my story to grateful ears, and play the piano for everyone.  many hugs. tears.  Kate blew open my world with insight and we become sisters, brought so closely together after just 24 hours.  We marvel together at the magic of life as we walk to the British museam for the party.  Apparantly their fellowship is never this externally active; apparantly the weathers never so nice.  I feel so so lucky.  filled up.  I meet these other women on a deeper level, surrounded by the museam's beauty.  I learn about Oxford.  Eugenie's an MBA Student there, focusing on Social Entrepreneurship.  We discover common friends.  ideas, experience, questions.  we see eye to eye and vow to stay in touch. 

My family's expanded, again, and as I anticipate my time in Geneva, away from such strong fellowship, I cherish these bonds.  Something tells me they will become profound friendships over the next few months.  Somethingtells me Ill see them again before I return home.  I have a profound respect and love for each and everyone.

My backs behind me, I roll into an internet cafe.  This thing has cut me off like ten times, and they have a different keyboard in London apparantly. But Ill fill out later what I miss now.  I need to reflect, to share these clips of devine design.  Every moment's an adventure.

Im off to the Notting Hill Carnival to meet up with Daniel and one of Jen's friends from the University of London, Soaz. bring it.

Tags: Family

About grifnizzle


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.