Existing Member?

Exploring Nature

Dudhsagar Waterfalls

INDIA | Tuesday, 26 May 2015 | Views [141] | Scholarship Entry

A train slowly running on a bridge with a huge gushing waterfall in the background running at its full speed. This was the kind of scene I got to see in a typical Bollywood movie. To my surprise I discovered that this waterfall was just 579kms away from my place Mumbai lying on Goa Karnataka border. I planned my eternity with some of my travel buddies. We booked train via Pune. The journey from Mumbai to Pune had lush green mountains and huge bare lands. We reached Castle rock station early morning at 5:00am. The washroom here is not well maintained so it is recommended to use washroom of train itself before getting down. Also there is a huge crowd on weekends here so it is recommended to go on weekdays. We started our trek with full enthusiasm. On one side of the track is the jungle and on the other side is ‘Bragansa Ghats’. You get treated by beautiful streams, monkeys and huge dark tunnels every km. it is tempting to halt click picture and get drenched. We reached to a station called ‘Caranzol’ and realized that waterfall is yet 8kms away. Now with heavy bags it was getting tiring to walk on the tracks. A good quality shoes is important. Walking on track is so rough; the soul of my friend’s shoe got ripped off.
Tunnels as big as a km came on way so a torch is a must! You need not take tension about train coming on track. It is slow enough for you to move out of its way. When we reached near the waterfall, the crowd got drastically increased fooling around everywhere. Vendors are selling everything from chips, water to beer!
You can hear the continuous roaring sound of Dudhsagar waterfall like a lion! We finally reached our destination.
The bridge from castle rock route does not offer you its popular full view. I removed my camera to click pictures of the waterfall. The force of the waterfall was so strong, even being far away the water splashed into my camera due to strong winds. My camera instantly stopped working. Never less, we boarded our train to go towards Goa once we were done. I realized that this train will go through kulem route which means that I still get to see panoramic view of Dudhsagar waterfalls. I got ready with my friends camera glued at the door. The train was slow enough to let me click good photos. Though I couldn’t soak its beauty with my naked eye, I captured it in the camera which was satisfying.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About greenmusictraveller


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.