Existing Member?

Story of my life... literally

Before we go...

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 19 June 2007 | Views [452]

So of course with 9 days left in Melbourne, we try and pack in as much as humanly possible!! Last weekend saw us driving to the Pyrenees Mountains to dance it up at ROYAL DOOF - a trance dance party in the thick of the forest of the foot hills. The temperature was a refreshing 6 degrees, but with constant girating and the warm fingers of the 50 camp fires that were scattered over the site, it felt so good to be outdoors amongst the trees with the hippies.

The INFADELS rocked our world on the Thursday, if you have never seen or even heard of them - make it your mission to let them rock yours too. It was a funny night, because Nick and I left the house with our eyes hanging out of our heads, yawns a frequent, and managed to go out for japanese with friends, dessert with more friends (who were about to boost to the US of A) and then partake in some high energy body wiggling to the Infadels, then return home feeling more awake than when we had left the house! Goes to show that good company and funky music really does wonders!

Sunday night was dedicated to holding another successful CURRY NIGHT at our abode. Mouth watering Tom Yum soup (abundant with lotus root and shitake mushrooms due to the fact we had to get rid of all the excess crazy stuff still lurking in our pantry!), pork rice paper rolls with the best god damn dipping sauce in Melbourne, followed by a course of Indian delight - butter chicken, rogan josh and lamby goodness. If that wasnt enough we ventured outdoors to the tranquill setting of our backyard aglow with homemade brazier for chocolate cake and a marshmellow toast-off. All this made complete with the company of beautiful friends and a good drop of wine.

So now, we just have to get through the last of the farewell dinners chased with brewskis at the local, and we will be off laughing (and no doubt crying) to live it up on the slopes NZ styles! Till then, ka kite ano x

Tags: Friends

About greenalligator


Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.