Existing Member?

Dalene's Travel Journal

8 Day Delta & Chobe Trail

BOTSWANA | Wednesday, 18 January 2012 | Views [600]

Our Nomad Truck

Our Nomad Truck

Left from OR Thambo to Windhoek in Namibia on 15 Dec 2011. Slept at the Safari Hotel and met with the Nomad group on the 16th. Went throught the border to Botswana and slept at Ghanzi. Walked with the Bushmen and attend a Bushmen dance. Next morning left for Maun, had a flight over the Delta, slept at the Sitaunga Camp and then off to the Delta for 2 night at the bush camp. Love the Mokoro rides and nature walk. Day 5 went back to Maun and then off to Gweta and Planet Baobab.Day 6- got up early and left for our game drive at Chobe National park at 12nm. Paradise with herds of elephants and hippo, at 16h00 we went on a Sunset cruise on the Chobe river. Day 7 we left 5h30 to cross the border at 6am and River Rafting on the Zambesi. Afternoon visited Vic Falls and dinner with the group at 19h00. Day 8 had a massage, did helicopter flight over Vic Falls and then the pickup arrived to take us to Vic Falls Airport for the flight back. Need to go back to Planet Baobab for the bird life,Chobe for wildlife photos and Fic Falls for another shot on the River rafting, Sunset cruise on Kariba, walk with Lions, ect. So much to see and do!!!!

About graatjie


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Botswana

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.