Existing Member?

Work for your Vacation I work so I can travel. You only live once, so check off your travel bucket list while you still can.

Kauai

USA | Thursday, 3 October 2013 | Views [282]

Hi guys, so my honeymoon started with the first of two weeks vacation in Kauai. My wife and I got our rental car and was on our way to our hotel. As we are driving to our hotel we had to go through Route 520. This road connects Koloa and Poipu to Hawaii route 50 the principal highway of the southern part of Kauai island. As you turn on the road on route 50 you see the "Tree Tunnel" which is the start of your beautiful journey. The Tree Tunnel is a beautiful canopy of Eucalyptus trees line Maliuhi Road shades the first mile of highway. So we go to our hotel which was the Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa. As soon as you walk in the lobby is open. The middle of the lobby has no ceiling and has plant life and parrots. This hotel is huge, i was quoted it was 57 Acres which is about the size of 50 plus football fields. We scored the best room in the hotel which is closest to the beach. It was so peaceful to be in bed and hearing the waves of the beach, it was very tranquil. We booked on a lazy river tube ride by Kauai Backcountry Adventures. You hop in on a four-wheel-drive adventure vehicles and travel to a former Lihue Plantation. When you arrive at the  launch site you’ll grab a tube, don a headlamp, and jump in the gently flowing waters. You float down the open canals, through several amazing tunnels engineered and hand dug. Enjoy the wonder and magic of each tunnel, lit by headlamps. At the end of our adventure, we were guided to a picnic area nearby, for a delicious lunch and a cool dip in a natural swimming hole. Another day we went to see the Fern Grotto. Access to the Grotto is by boat on the Wailua River. This attraction is known primarily as the most romantic spot on the island of Kauai, and the area can be rented for weddings. Previously, weddings were performed within the grotto, but now they take place on the observation deck facing the grotto. The Grotto has sort of a natural amphitheather to it where the acoustics of the many bands were hired to perform live music, which has been a traditional theme. Basically the Fern Grotto is a lava rock formation with plenty of Ferns on it. 

About gotrice0419


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.