Existing Member?

Too busy being free.

In the middle of nowhere, where I belong.

GERMANY | Wednesday, 14 May 2014 | Views [237] | Scholarship Entry

There was I, in the frozen night of new year's eve, in Bad Berleburg, Germany.
As an exchange student, I can tell that the people I met gave me freedom enough to explore whatever I want.
So did I.
As it was a cold night, I had to take my coat in a friend's house, some meters away from the house where the new year's eve party was going on.
Just by myself, I went trought the front door and walk, planning to take my coat.
When, suddenly, I realise I was in the middle of a field. Alone. In the dark night, with the snow almost on my knees. And it felt good.
I felt the pleasure of being alone in a place where I have never been before. Everything was new. It seems like the place belong to me, because just I saw how beautiful the night was, by the field. I mean, that moment belong to me, in my memory, for sure.
Nobody could hear my toughts, even if I shout it out.
And that makes me realise how small I was in such a world with 7 bilion of people and places I can't even imagine.
At the same time, I felt like it was my place, somewhere I have been looking for my all life. I felt confortable realising that I could do whatever I want. If I wanna sit, I could. If I wanna sing, I could. If I wanna run away, I also could.
By the time, I smiled, satisfy. I felt as I found a special time in the space, in a great place, that make me full of happiness.
I took a deep breath and then kept that feeling with me, and came back to my walking.
I'm not sure where I kept this new feeling now. But what I can tell you is: this feeling will show up again. With this experience, I realised that I am a discorver and traveler person. So I must keep traveling and exploring the world, until I find palces that make me feel this way again.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About gotlost


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.