Existing Member?

sky

I will never forget the bright light in the sky.

UGANDA | Friday, 9 May 2014 | Views [286] | Scholarship Entry

I will never forget the bright light in the sky. I saw this light in the sky years ago when I was just a boy; I still to this day can remember it vividly as if it was just yesterday. I’m not exactly sure what it was in the sky, but whatever it was had defied all physics and natures law.

When I was about nine years old I went with my parents one Saturday evening. One of my dad’s friends were throwing a pool party out of town. It was a nice sun’s night in or around the year of 1994. The town was lira, which is about a half-hour drive from our hometown of Dokolo.

We got to the party everybody was having fun eating, swimming, and socializing. I don’t remember the party a whole lot; however, I do remember what happened after on the way home. My parents were always the type of people who would leave gatherings early; they never really stayed out all night. I always called them “party poopers” for leaving early. I was having a good time swimming; they were ready to leave. That happened a lot in my family.

When we left I was very upset; I wanted to stay and swim. They weren’t about to let me at a young age stay out all night. Later on I realized that if we would have stayed any later, I would have missed this miraculous object which changed my life and my understanding about the world I have known.

On the way home it was dark out; we were driving down the townships. The sky was clear and full of stars. I was in the back seat with my brothers; still pouting because we left so early. Suddenly I looked to the sky and I see this bright glow; as bright as the stars. I kept my focus on the object which seemed to be floating and pulsating as though a movement of a hummingbird far in space. It was a large object; half the size as the moon and just as bright. It moved vividly and smooth through the sky stopping on a dime and with the speed faster than anything I had ever seen. The Day I Will Never Forget.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About gothic


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Uganda

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.