Existing Member?

Foreign Native

The Great Re-Awakening

USA | Wednesday, 3 April 2013 | Views [264]

The value of boy's first love is monumental to say the least. It is a time when even others around him seem to notice a certain change of character. I was young, about 14 at the time, when my family decided we were going to florida for summer vacation. It wasn't a normal occasion to travel so I was very happy. We arrived in the airport still jetlagged from our flight when we caught a cab in the humid summer air. I was full of bewilderment, I loved going places and seeing new things, always open to new possibilities, but I had no idea what I was getting myself into. The doorbell rang for what seemed like forever until a old woman opened the door, small in stature hiding behind thick glasses and neon colored clothing holding a small dog no bigger than a lunchbox. This was my mother's friend Ordette. She was very nice alway smiling, low-tempered, soft spoken, slow in nature, but quick to conversation. As we walked into the living I noticed the black and white tile, the fake fauna, the clasic un-original decor that mot floridians have. I thought, "this is where we're staying?" Now before I could finish my inner-monolauge I was introduced to my first love. Of course I didnt know it yet but I greeted her with a warm hello and thank you. She was short but not too short, not to the point where you would call someone short but close to it. She had black hair but I guessed that wasnt her natural hair color. She was wearing a faded Romones shirt with grey denim shorts, and black tennis shoes. I immediately liked her, the way she carried herself in conversation, the way she laughed even when nothing was said so you know she was thinking of something funny. Now as a young teenager, I didnt care for alot of things, I hated monotony, tedious tasks, dull conversations, but holy hell, I liked her. From the beginning we started as friends. Her being 2 years older than me she took me under her wing and showed me around. We talked about everything. Music, food, television, fashion, celebrites, movies, we could go on for days about absolutely nothing. It was pointless chatter but I didnt care, she had so much to say all the time and I loved that about her. 

So when and where did this "first love" occur? I can remember it like it was yesterday, often I summon the memories to bring myself back when I'm feeling alone or scared. It was a thursday, we woke up early to go to the ever famous Disney World. She was dressed in a white top, navy striped shorts, and white shoes. She looked stunning, hiding her eyes in her oversized aviators. We walked around for a couple of hours, stopping to rest or get a drink. I was suffering because of my poor choice of clothing (black t-shirt and jeans) when finally the sun went down. We were all exhausted from riding rollercoasters all day and keeping up with the moving crowds, alot of us wanted to go back and rest, but not me and lauren, we were still willing to keep going as long as the other would. So we stayed while everyone went home, we were left to wonder around disney, two kids in love. NOT FINISHED

About gonzoandthebats


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.