Existing Member?

Sun that Rises from the West

Rebellion

INDONESIA | Thursday, 15 May 2014 | Views [229] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

After cleanse myself with a lemon-flavor-shower-gel- that-scent-sticks-to-your-body-for-24-hours, I decided to thank Heavenly God for such tremendous life ahead. Optimus is running out of battery again today and before anything turns into a waste and asking for random guy’s phone like a puppy asking food from a lady, I plugged it in and ate my night meal in the meantime. I supposed I could be happy today as everything was going smoothly and so normal like usual. Ain’t it beautiful? To have activities that we can all enjoyed to? But then, I told myself, what do I really want for my whole life, that I know it has to be amazing and all? For once in my life, I have this fierce battle in my heart. I know I have to do something. Downtown.
Tonight is breezier. It’s been a time I have my personal time, exploring downtown, enjoying the city lights of Yogyakarta. I grabbed some hot potatoes that old lady sold for like six hours. I knew it that because she literally told me, not because I was some kind of prophet, although I was pretty sure I can read future of people several years ago. Yogyakarta’s night view is always amazing. I know that I am some freak because I open both of my arms in the middle of the city street. It just, so long enough already since the last time I felt this kind of feeling.
I then found myself seeing a kid, asking people for direction. I was so sure that he is looking at me and just in few second I proved that I was right.

“Do you happen to know where I can get tattoo, young sir?” he asked curiously.

I wait for a second and a half and asked the kid, “What are you thinking”? The world has offered you more than a gift. You should at least be proud of it.”

“You don’t understand. It felt so good taking a risk with this tattoo. It’s like, I just... I felt so alive. I know I could have messed everything up, but I didn’t even care, “he said to me eagerly.

“Okay, I gotta go,” I told him with this cautious look, signing out from any awkward moment ahead.
Wait, do you remember the time where everything felt so urgent, like if you didn’t just go for it, you’d lose your chance forever?

“I never remembered once,” I told him.

“Maybe you didn’t because you never had it. Sometimes, in the future, you will tell yourself that how regretful of you, not to do those things while Mommy’s big hands open for all chances,” he said and left.

I was going to ask his name which I came to a freeze, noticing that mirror business is really growing up in this city.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

Comments

1

omg, this piece should have won the competition

  Chris Jun 11, 2014 10:41 AM

About goldstarfreak


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.