Existing Member?

Opportunity is given to the one who is trying to get it

My Scholarship entry - Seeing the world through other eyes

CAMBODIA | Thursday, 22 March 2012 | Views [315] | Scholarship Entry

Seeing the world through other eyes is really useful and an unforgettable experience to develop myself.
The United Kingdom is considered as an ancient country with the famous of historical background of education and culture. 
I have been to UK for 10 days study tour in March last year, and it was amazing. I went to London, Liverpool, Manchester, York, Wolverhampton, etc. The first day I arrived, I found out about the different whether from my country; it was freezing during that time. The next day, I went to visit colleges and UK universities, and I found out that the learning environment was every far different from us. They had a high tactics of teaching and learning, and the education systems are quite the same in every institution. Moreover, the preservation was the thing I noticed about; most of the new and old building are preservative. 
Perhaps the most interesting thing about the UK is football. Many believe that it is innocent to spend much money on that, while others believe it is that of entertainment. To me, I also had an experience at Old Trafford, Manchester. It was a different feeling from the live on TV and the real showed that is why most people especially British prefer to be in the stadium. 
The thing that we heard from others is not the same as we could see by ourselves. I learn a lot from other countries once I arrived, I could learn the way that country develop so far and compare to our country. Thus, it is better to see the world more and understand the world better in order to develop myself. I am expert in education, so I want to bring change to my country that's why once I came back, I came up with an idea of a competition. I was successfully organized the international debating championship between our local students and the students from the UK. This is to provide them the opportunity to show out their ability.
Indeed, it is clear that the world you able to see by your eyes is useful to produce a good outcome for your future career.

Tags: travel writing scholarship 2012

About goldenopportunity


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.