Existing Member?

Perfect Simplicity

Koh Tao Time Stretching

THAILAND | Monday, 28 April 2014 | Views [474]

How do you know when you're a traveller? You lose track of time. Time, date, day, year, it all becomes irrelevant - you just live each day as it comes.  Each day is a new day, or a new adventure, or just time ticking by.  Time stretches and becomes its own being - but that's what you're doing - just existing and I feel that's what humans should do -  experience new things and have pleasure in simply just exisiting.

Koh Tao was stunning.  I feel like it was a happy medium between Koh Phi Phi and Koh Lanta.  Today I went on a snorkelling tour and had a great time just being. Just watching the fish of a myriad of colours leisurely swim around and eat the coral.  It was so strange, when I first started snorkelling that day there was this loud sound I thought was some sort of static, it sounded like a metal spoon scraping a rock, but then I realised it was the sounds of the fish feasting on the coral. I even saw a fish burp up coral, and then greedily eat it again.

The fish were amazing colours - some of them so fluorescent and bright to the eye that you couldn't believe that was their natural colour - they looked like they had been dyed.  Some of the fish were rainbow coloured and shimmered beneath the surface of clear Koh Tao water.  The water was so clear - unbelieveably clear - you could see the fish without the use of goggles just by looking down. You could see your entire body underwater.  The water also changed colour depending on where we were boating- from a turquoise to a brilliant blue to a softer blue.  The water was so salty that I floated easily, as if I was wearing an imaginary life jacket.  When you imagine paradise, this surely must be it.

Tags: beaches, existing, fish, island, ocean, paradise, snorkelling, time

About goingsolo

Koh Tao

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.