Existing Member?

Our Travel Adventures What a great gift to be on this trip as a family! We are so grateful! Bring on the adventure, fun, closeness, unity, exanding love, joy, and laughter! We will bring back great stories to share!! We love you all so much!

In Uganda

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 5 July 2009 | Views [430] | Comments [1]

Well, our time in Uganda is just about coming to a close. Today we are in Kampala, and tomorrow we will fly out. I think I speak for the whole family when I say that Uganda has been so much more than we expected. We first arrived in Gulu, a bustling town in Northern Uganda. There is where we helped at Restore Academy which turned out to be completely life changing. As a team we were able to pray for all 10 teachers individually and all 165 students individually! An amazing experience. Our time in Gulu was short and busy, but we all feel like we made many life long friends along the way. We walked through the bustling outdoor market, played with young orphans, listened to 12 girls sing amazing worship songs, played volleyball and soccer at the school, and fit in time to get some delicious iced mochas. Our time there was unforgettable. After Gulu, we went to Paraa lodge where we took a boat safari and went on a game drive. We saw elephants, hippos, alligators, giraffes, a leopard, gazelles, baboons, and lots of birds. Caroline, Dad, and I (Olivia) got to sit on top of the jeep... we all felt like Indiana Jones! Today we are in Kampala, like I said earlier, and we are planning to go shopping today. We will be sure to fill you in later! Love and hugs to you all!

Comments

1

So glad to be able to follow your continued adventures. Love seeing the pictures....could adopt about 15 of those darling kids at the orphanage! Love you!

  Pa Pa & Ga Ga Jul 6, 2009 7:58 AM

About godt2009


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.